Thursday, July 12, 2012

Crossroads?


So my guild has officially fallen apart.  First it fell from a 25 to a 10 and now after months of having Heroic Dragon Soul on farm we've stopped raiding and most have moved on to greener pastures.  I'm sad and honestly not sure what I want to do or which direction I want to head.

Dragon Soul is boring to me in a way none of the other tiers were.  Part of me wants to take a raiding break until MoP but I still want to be part of an active friendly guild.  I've been playing a lot less WoW lately and so am sort of on a mini break but I know come MoP I'll be right back in it.  Should I try to find another guild now or wait till MoP?

I'm confident in my ability to get into a decent progression guild but there's the complication of finding one that fits both mine and my bf's schedule, that's a 25 player guild, and is on an active PST server.  We could start our own as we actually have a lvl 25 guild on a decent server but running a guild, recruiting, etc is a headache and I'd rather join an established one.  Plus I don't want to deal with the whole "yeah well you're the GM's girlfriend" BS I did before.  To save ourselves the headache my bf just won't be a GM anymore and I certainly have no intention of being one.

I kind of feel like I'm at a crossroads.  Part of me feels like I could just give up raiding but I know when MoP comes out I won't feel that way.  Now I have to decide if I want to go through the headache of looking for a new guild now or putting it off until MoP and staying put.  Decisions decisions!



2 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear about your guild. :( It's definitely an experience that leaves traces with us, seeing a guild fall apart.

    I agree with you that finding an existing guild is probably for the best, for now at least. And also that if you're once bitten by the raiding, there's a big chance you want to do it again. :) For the rest, I'm not sure what I would have done in your situation. On one hand it's good to get trial-period etc out of the way before MoP, so you know you have a team when it launches. On the other hand, if you're not playing as much now, perhaps it's better to wait for more active times, so the new guild is used to having you around consistently.

    I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide! And here, have some kittens, they make everything better: http://www.ustream.tv/sevenkittens

    Lae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lae! Kitties make everything better! :D

    ReplyDelete